Stake Youth Committee Members are called to represent the youth in their ward by planning and carrying out activities such as youth conferences, dances, devotionals, and multistake events. Stake Youth Committee Members (SYCs) will also participate in a council or discussion about the opportunities and challenges of the youth. A Stake Youth Committee Member begins their service in June, starting with the SYC Kick-Off and complete their service with the following year's Youth Conference.
The Purpose of Stake Youth Activities are to:
- Strengthen testimonies of Jesus Christ.
- Foster personal growth, skills and talents.
- Encourage For the Strength of Youth standards.
- Develop unity and strengthen relationships.
- Promote missionary work and the inclusion of less/inactives.
- Have fun!
Stake Youth Committee (SYC) Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in SYC Meetings. These meetings are typically held on the Sunday following the 3rd Saturday Stake Youth Activity at 6PM at the Stake Center. Please wear your Sunday Best and be on time!
- If invited, attend your Bishop’s Youth Committee (BYC) Meeting. If you are not invited, please ask your Bishop if you might attend.
- Announce and communicate to your wards about upcoming Stake Youth Events.
- Receive feedback from your Wards on Stake Youth Events. Report this feedback at our SYC meetings.
- Participate in planning and carrying out Stake Youth Activities.
- Participate in the Stake Youth Council by sharing your thoughts and respectfully listening to others.
- Attend Stake Youth Activities and have fun! The Young Men and Women in your stake look to you as an example. Be inclusive! You can help others come closer to Christ through your service.
- Please delegate to another youth in your ward, if you are unable to attend a meeting or follow-through with a particular assignment.
2012-13 SYC Meeting Minutes
August 19, 2012
September 16, 2012
October 21, 2012
November 18, 2012
No Meeting in December
January 20, 2013
February 17, 2013
March 17, 2013
April 21, 2013